Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why doing your part matters more than you know: Part Four?

This is a Four Parter. For Part Three, go here.
For Part One, go here.

Okay, here's my wrap up on this one, and then I will be done for today...I think.

Your circle of influence is unique. I mean, sure, my circle overlaps Sally's, and Sally's overlaps Cindy's, and so forth, but YOURS is truly unique. To think that someone else is going to deliver YOUR message for you is not accurate. YOU are a special person in someone's life. (and many people's, for that matter) You have a specific message (and probably many messages) to carry.

There was a time when I thought, "God has people like Beth Moore, and Susie Larson, and Angela Thomas, and Pam Anderson. He doesn't want to use little old me. I have a messy house most of the time, and I don't brush my kid's teeth everyday. I'm not even a good mom half the time...." Here's the thing about that. Each person has their specific role to fill, and they have specific lives they are meant to touch. If I stay stuck here, in this thought pattern, Satan wins. If I continue to drive into my head that I am not good enough, that my message isn't strong enough, my hair isn't big enough, my house isn't June Cleaver enough etc. etc. then I will be content to just sit on my couch eating ding-dongs day after day, because that is what I am worth. As long as my worth stays there, Satan wins. My God calls me off of my couch. And you too. And the person next you to you. And the person next to them.

If ALL of God's believers boldly stepped in and shared the message God placed on theirs hearts, there would be a whole lot more hope, and a whole lot more love happening. Each person is to do what they are uniquely called to each day, regardless of what anyone else is doing. AND, if everyone did that, God's word would take this world by storm!

Yesterday I started this topic by telling you about my friend, a fellow blogger. She jumped into blogging and had instant success. Well, then, what does that say about me? Nothing. It's her story, and yet, I sat here looking at my 100 some hits on my blog, comparing them to her 5,000 some hits in no time flat. Why do we do this? I'll tell you why. Because we're human. We compare our success to the success of those around us. As long as we're doing better than the people around us, we'll plunge forward, but as soon as someone else comes out on top, we slink back. This is not God's will for us. That's why we keep coming back to God with our insecurities and hang-ups, which is exactly what my friend did. As long as she looked to her right and her left, she felt inadequate to carry a message for the Lord. As soon as she turned her gaze back toward the one who gave her the nudge in the first place she was empowered again, and her mental state shifted from, "Who am I?" to "Whose am I?" As humans, we're going to lose sight of our focus. It's inevitable. Don't stay there. Get back up. Pray it through, and charge ahead. Don't doubt in the dark what God told you in the light.

If God is who He says He is, and can do what He says He can do, what would you be able to accomplish today? Now, go do it. ;) YOU ARE LOVED!

No comments: