Friday, March 11, 2011

For praying out loud: Part Two.

How are you measuring up this week? Did you make a "Mom Plan" at the start of this week?

For those of you who did not read my other post, (because it was really long...I know, I understand) I am trying to conquer an issue in my home....anger. Fighting back anger with prayer, in front of my children. Not waiting until my anger builds up and festers, but rather, taking care of my heart issues, right then and there.

Here's how it's going for me.
My kids like it. It's opening up conversations that my four year old can understand. We talked about how the Bible says that a "soft answer turns away wrath", and how mommy has to pray so she can have a soft answer. He gets it, and he likes it...obviously. I think we can all understand why a mommy who isn't flipping out would be a good thing to a four year old. :0)

Another thought.
Everyone struggles with something. If you have little kids in your house, it might feel like the things you struggle with are in your face on a regular basis. Learning to deal with those things and letting your kids join you as you learn to deal with them can be a healthy thing. Consider inviting them in when it is appropriate. Say things like, "Mommy feels really upset right now. We should stop and pray, because God does not want mommy to act out of her anger." Intermingle, and quote verses to your children that back up the truth in what you are saying, like this, "The Bible says that we are not supposed to be anxious about anything, but that is hard for mommy right now. The Bible also says we are supposed to present our requests before God and that He hears our prayers and will answer them, so we should stop and pray." This particular lesson, when shared with your children, will teach them that when they feel anxious they can pray and God will hear them too.

p.s. It just dawned on me that I am talking to all of you like you have a four and a half year old in your house. Sorry if that is annoying to you. :0)

Sidenote:
LOVE YOU MOMMIES!!! Thank you so much to those of you who have taken a moment to let me know how you are relating to this issue, and any issues we bring up on here, for that matter. It brings us joy to know that our site is meeting a need. We are more than happy to join you in your parenting. We want to be encouraging to our readers, and it helps to know where you all are coming from. Keep posting, emailing, messaging. We LOVE to hear about your lives. LOVE it.

No comments: