Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cheese Stuffed Pasta and Sauce

Mmmmmm...YUM! LOVED this one! WAY EASY and oh so tasty!
This recipe also comes from my "Kid Approved Meals" notebook that I bought when I was at a Mothering conference. For more meals by Christine Steendahl and Jenn Caligado, you can go to her website, www.kidapprovedmeals.com

Ingredients:
1 pkg. manicotti or lasagna noodles, cooked drained and cooling in water
1 cup cottage or ricotta cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup spaghetti sauce

Directions:
If you are using lasagna noodles, get those cooking first. (My opinion: I think you should either use half of the box of lasagna noodles, or you should double the cheese mixture if you are using a whole box. I had quite a bit of noodles left over when my cheese mixture was all used up)Once they are cooked, use tongs to take them out of the boiling water and put them in a bowl of ice water so they can chill enough to touch them.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cheeses with egg and Italian seasoning. Stuff manicotti or lasagna noodles rolled up. Place stuffed pasta in large baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and bake for 30-35 minutes.Serve with veges. These are delightful, btw!!!!!!!!

No comments: