Saturday, May 21, 2011

Feeling downcast.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
(Psalm 43:5)

Question:
Why would my soul be downcast?

Answer:
I need to put my hope in God, and not myself. I need to praise my Savior and my God. In the Savior's name I will hope and pray. One word from him will calm every storm, and turn midnight darkness into the light of noon, the bitterest complaints into joyful praises. I must check all my unbelieving doubts and fears and leave them at the feet of my God. I must stop and pray out my praises, remembering that my life is not about me but about the one who made me, having faith that God is in the business of making all things new for those who know him and love him.

No comments: