Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whittling away until you fit into the Mold that only you can fill.

I get to meet with a couple of High School girls once a week for a mini Bible study thing. I'm really proud of them and I wanted to share something one of them contributed in our discussion today (in a paraphrase).

We were discussing how God has a special place in His heart specifically for us. I used the idea of the puzzle heart and how each of us is a piece to the puzzle that makes the heart complete...that God has a special love for each of us that is unique only to us.

One of the girls chimed in and said, (my paraphrase here) "Ya know...I think of it like this...We are like a block of wood, and God is knocking off pieces of the wood slowly, smoothing off the rough edges, until one day we are exactly who we need to be to come be with Him. When He has completed His work in us we fit perfectly into that space that he created just for us, and then we get to come be with Him."


Don't you love that? I LOVED that, and I just had to share.

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
-Phillippians 1:6

"Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand."
-Isaiah 64:8



No comments: