Saturday, April 2, 2011

Comfort when life is hard...

The soil we most deeply resent produces the crop we most desperately need.

Awesome.

If life is hard, and you are in a transition that feels long, you might be wondering, "Where is God in all of this!?!" We are not as strong as we think we are. When life is easy, the checkbook balances, the kids sit quietly in church in perfectly pressed clothes, food is already in the crockpot, and we are feeling good, we are quick to say, "God is so good" and we feel so strong. Sometimes life is messy though. What do you say to yourself when life is hard, desperate, and you feel like you are being pulled down fast? What do you do when you feel vulnerable, exposed, and weak? Where do you go when you need a new perspective on an old problem? (or a new problem for that matter)

You're not alone. I listen to Susie Larson's interviews All the Time! I love her love her love her. :) I just love her. Period. I am a different person because of the influence she has had on my life.

You have to listen to this interview with author Jeff Manion about his new book, “The Land Between: Finding God in Difficult Times.” This one is DYNAMITE!! I promise you it is worth your time. Click on the link below. I cannot say enough good about this message here, so you're just going to have to listen to it yourself...

Faith Radio Net :: The Land Between

God, you are God. I don't know what you are up to, but I trust you.

1 comment:

Stephanie M. Page said...

This is my first time here and I love this post! It is so good to think about when life is hard, because most of the time it isn't easy. =) I love Susie Larson too! So fun to have met you.