Thursday, June 2, 2011

I can see clearly now...wait, no I can't...

We can't know all the things that God is up to on this side of Heaven. Someday everything will make perfect sense. We'll see all that he was up to. We'll understand the fights in the spiritual realm that God saved us from and we'll be in awe. We'll see where His hand of protection kept us from destroying ourselves and those around us. There is so much going on that you cannot see! Every single day, every single minute. TRUST that He is up to something. TRUST that He has your best interest in mind. YOU cannot know it all, and there is NO PRESSURE for you to know it all. God will reveal to you the things you need to know to carry out the work He sets before you, as you seek Him. In the meantime, have faith. He is a good God. He is working everything out for the good of those who love Him. FAITH. HOPE. LOVE. The greatest of these is love....but in my opinion, Faith is the hardest to come by. Faith says, "Even though I cannot see what you are up to, Lord, I am going to lean into what you have for me, and go where you want me to go, trusting your plan to be better than any plan I can ever come up with." Love can be easy sometimes. It's a feeling that takes over us. Faith is more than a feeling. Faith is when you act, think, and respond when you feel the nudge of God to do so, in spite of your feelings.

1 Corinthians 13:12

Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

Someday you will see the whole picture with perfect clarity. I would like to think that I will be laughing, crying, and be in awe when my day comes. And then laughing really hard. There I was thinking out of my disbelief, when all along you were up to THIS! OH GREAT GOD! What a silly girl I was. Look at how everything in life pointed us back to you. You are worthy of ALL our praise!!


Rest in His love for you. Cry out to Him when you are grieving. Put love into action when He places it on your heart. Trust Him to direct your paths and straighten out the things that have been made crooked. Have faith. God is a good God, He loves you, and He is up to something even when you can't see it or feel it, and even when you want to do anything but acknowledge it.

Mark 9:24
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

No comments: