- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (for directions on how to chop and freeze lots of onion, or bell pepper at once, go here)
- 1 cup frozen corn (for directions on how to quickly, and efficiently, freeze corn on the cob to be used later, go here...Thank you Mummy Deals!)
- 2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean is suggested)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
2. Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn; sauté 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to let cool slightly.
3. Add beef, bread crumbs, egg, yogurt, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to bowl. Mix gently until well combined; do not overmix. Transfer to baking sheet and shape into a 12-by-4-inch loaf. (I spread mine out in a long rectangle piece of stoneware, and slapped some ketchup over the top of mine)
4. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160ºF, about 1 hour. Spread with ketchup (or additional ketchup), if desired, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Makes 8 servings
1 serving=8 Weight Watchers Point Plus points