Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I waited patiently, and he heard my cry.

Are you in a season of waiting on the Lord?

Psalm 40 is a reminder of what the Lord does for those who wait on Him, putting their hope and trust in Him. I hope that this message will serve as an encouragement to you, but that you will also be able to find strength in praising Him for the blessings you can see even in your waiting. You can be strong, walking in faith, knowing that your "lifting out of the mud and mire" moment will eventually come as you continue seeking Him and trusting in Him.

He sees you,
He knows you,
He has compassion on you,
HE LOVES YOU,
and He hears your cry . . .


Psalm 40:1-5

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.

Blessed is the one
who trusts in the LORD,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

God blesses those who trust in Him, and He puts in a new song in their mouth (and their heart). Even now, though, while you are waiting for your "new song" to come in, you can still sing. In your "in between" time you can sing a song of praise, knowing that He sees you and is the God who gives strength where there is weakness, light where there is darkness, hope with there is hopelessness, and He knows your name!

Awesome Song Time!!!


No comments: